The Freemium Business Unit, a multi-functional team passionate about finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be! We work closely, combining marketing, insights, product development, design, and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s Free and Premium users and monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We are looking for an engineer to join the team implementing, integrating and handling marketing platforms and tools used by Spotify's marketing and growth teams, internally and externally with creative agencies and marketing partners. In this role, you’ll investigate into the structure and infrastructure of data that Spotify's teams collect and use for campaign execution, marketing, customer intelligence and performance optimization.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists, business operations and marketing professionals to build best in class audience and identity products.
- You will partner with marketing and analytics teams to implement uniform and consistent taxonomy and data collection practices that yield improved analytics and insights
- You will build custom audience segments and manage the delivery of those segments to ad network destinations for paid media targeting and suppression purposes
- You’ll anticipate technology needs before they arise, working with the marketing, analytics, and insights teams to find solutions that meet fluctuating and rapidly evolving goals and objectives
- You will partner with your Marketing, Tech, Insights and Analytics colleagues to prioritize and execute work and foster a culture of impact and performance
Who you are:
- You have 5+years of experience providing technical and engineering capability in marketing technology, product analytics and marketing analytics for marketing and growth teams
- You have experience with mobile deep linking, tag management, and marketing attribution data and ad fraud prevention
- You bring experience in Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and identity graph solutions
- You are highly skilled in database analysis, SQL and data warehouse solutions such as Google BigQuery
- Prior to starting your technical leadership career you have had extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity
- You have high standards for yourself and others
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and seek something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- You are seen as a subject-matter technical expert and enjoy consulting with others in the business on achieving their goals
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- We ask that our team members be located within Central Standard time zone, Eastern Standard time zone, or Brasília time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.