ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead a project effort, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions. Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and Engineering teams to meet expected customer service levels
- Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization and actively and continually optimize cloud resources to ensure lowest cost while ensuring security, scalability, and high availability
- Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components, migrating from, or integrating with on-premises services, and developing self-service tooling and metrics to empower delivery teams’ autonomy
- Demonstrated understanding of overall infrastructure design and developing tools to enable and automate the infrastructure. Responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the Production Environment
- Support the DevOps organization in an advisory role to shepherd our development teams towards adoption of Operations infrastructure, tools, services and standards
- Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
- Architect, design and oversee the implementation of enterprise monitoring across the full stack, including infrastructure and lead efforts to enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
- Become expert in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Provide guidance to DevOps engineers in projects and regularly coach team members to ensure business application systems are supported in a way that complies with established methodologies and practices. Responsible for training and mentoring resources to build the best-in-class cloud operations team and processes. Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
- Lead design and Implementation efforts for Disaster recovery tasks in collaboration with Engineering teams for each application
- Participate in the Architecture committee and advise on AWS architecture and offer solutions. Document system designs and application operation procedures, host and deliver Operations’ and participate in Developer design reviews
- Serve in an on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of project delivery, including deployment and implementation of the solution in production environments
- 15+ years’ experience of Linux and/or Unix administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting
- 10+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale web application
- 7+ years with “cloud” IaaS provider with at least 5 years of expertise with various AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, ECS, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security. Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Strong experience with CI/CD processes preferably AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy or similar tools.
- Very strong system monitoring using AWS CloudWatch and DataDog or similar tools such as New Relic etc.
- Relational and non-relational clustered DB experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo)
- Expert in configuration tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc) and orchestration automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/our the Bourne Again shell
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices. Strong experience with Agile, Lean, and/or test-driven software development environments
- Hands-on experience with networking for a cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN’s, firewalls, security applications)
- Possess a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent cross functional collaborative skills working with multiple development teams and ability to build relationships. Highly collaborative with an ability to influence and reach consensus
- Ability to influence development teams in adopting cloud technologies, processes, and best practices
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Have a great attitude and be ready to hustle
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
- Experience with financial systems or loan origination systems
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!