Principal Front-End Architect
UKG is looking to hire a Product Experience Principal Front-End Architect to lead and mentor software architects and technical leads in designing and delivering modern front-end experiences across UKG’s suite of HCM products. This person will serve as a member of the UKG Pro Development organization and the Software Architecture community, with oversight on projects focused on design, integration and technical strategies that will help establish the vision for the future scale of the Product Experience at UKG. They will establish the starting point for architectural decisions, patterns and practices, and enterprise architecture scale and efficiencies that will shape how front-end architectures evolve at UKG. As a technical leader in the Development organization, this person will be responsible for coordinating a team of architects and technical leads and will partner with Product Owners, UX Designers, and Engineering Owners towards successful analysis, planning, design, and delivery of the solutions.
• Collaborate with Development Directors in defining and understanding the business requirements tied to imperative business strategic goals
• Serve as stakeholder for Product Experience, and key liaison between the Product Experience organization and the rest of the Development organization to understand the critical needs of the front-end developer persona, become a champion for front-end developers, and build agreement and consensus across the architecture, engineering and product communities at UKG.
• Help shape the definition of UKG Pro’s Product Experience product and technical strategy.
• Coach and lead Software Architects and Tech Leads to design, deliver, and evolve the frameworks, services, and tools that Developers use to build and deliver robust front-end experiences across UKG’s suite of HCM products
• Serve as Technical Ambassador of goodwill for our internal Technical Community as well as the external Tech Industry and Academia communities
• Partner with Product Owners and Engineering Owners when making roadmap, design, architectural, and engineering impacting decisions
• Lead the team to effectively communicate and present the architectural decisions and technical strategies so that development teams properly understand why the strategies need to be adopted.
• Lead the team in development of architectural significant proofs-of-concept solutions, to assist development teams in accelerating the adoption of the technical strategy.
• Lead the team to develop and maintain a set of incubated coded libraries and components in inner-sourced repositories
• Lead the team to serve as technical strategic advisors to research work being executed in the Development organization.
• Lead the team to build and maintain critical partnership and collaborative work with the external technical industry, open-source communities, and academia
• Lead the team to speak on large stages, conferences, and events in order to communicate Ultimate’s technology story
• Lead the team to prepare and publish materials for the submission of patents, as needed
← Back to jobs