Principal Software Engineer
HealthCare.com is seeking a world-class Principal Software Engineer who enjoys ideating and developing technical strategies for the business. Data and innovation are central to our business strategy. Our People Software Engineer will be a leading member of our elite Engineering team building products that will be used by millions of users within days of creation.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop software architectures that support company objectives.
- Design and implement scalable software architecture patterns that support company growth.
- Coordinate with software development team in developing and implementing software applications
- Providing coaching to other engineers.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned projects within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in the design of software, data collection and reporting systems and work to implement software development standards.
- Coordinate with other teams cross-functionally to engineer systems and architect solutions to release the best in class product.
- Represent HealthCare.com’s technology team at business meetings, conferences, and other professional events.
What You Have:
- 10 years of experience in technology-focused projects.
- 8 years of experience in software development positions.
- 5 years of experience in leadership roles.
- 5 years of experience in web-related technologies.
- 4 years of experience documenting or defining software requirements.
- 4 years of experience working with sound project management frameworks such as Prince, Scrum, Kanban, PMI, etc.
- 4 years of experience managing the release of production-level products.
- 4 years of experience leading engineers, data analysts, designers, etc.
- Experience in Online Marketing, Insurance or Financial are a plus.
- Experience working in data-driven, fast-paced organizations preferred
- Experience in insurance or personal finance industry a plus
- Remote work opportunity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% company paid premiums for the employee
- Up to 15 days of paid time off
- 10 company observed holidays with an additional 3 floating holidays
- Annual learning and development stipend
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan with company match
- Most importantly, an inclusive company culture established by an incredible team!
Get to Know Us!
Back to jobs