What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Canonical Project Managers are responsible for ensuring project success through delivery of technical cloud solutions and managed services for our Customers. We are looking for a customer facing, team player who lives in the Middle East UAE region to fully own/drive/communicate projects and navigate complex engineering solutions. We anticipate and solve problems working with and managing internal business partners, external partners and customers, engineers, engineering managers, sales engineers, sales executives, cloud architects, consultants, legal, sales operations, external third parties, executives, and anyone and everyone necessary to define, control, execute, and close everything in a project. The Project Manager will own, drive and communicate until the project succeeds and so that it succeeds. Within a portfolio of projects with complex and changing technologies, customer and partner satisfaction is only possible with an exceptional Project Manager.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Successful delivery of professional engineering services for assigned projects in line with agreed statement of work.
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules / project plans and all necessary Project artifacts.
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed upon work items.
- Ensure projects are delivered within agreed time/resources/scope expectations.
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans.
- As needed, maintain daily and weekly + ad-hoc communication with the client and all interval stakeholders via email, chat, video meetings or other means.
- As needed, manage the delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Effectively manage customer relationships for projects.
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's portfolio.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver upon a very broad range of Ubuntu based projects.
- The candidate will be expected to support different timezones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
The successful Project Manager will have:
- 3-5+ years of end-to-end project management experience in a computer oriented / technical service field.
- Degree level education, preferably in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) related discipline.
- Fluent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Extensive experience managing cross-cultural, remote and overseas project teams.
- Strong communicator with experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience managing external partners & customers and cross-functional internal teams.
- Fundamental understanding of the five project management process groups.
- Expert at Gantt chart creation, project status reporting, and understanding and utilization of PM tools and working methods such as Agile.
- Familiarity with Cloud technology.
- Self-starting professional who “makes things happen”.
- Able to thrive in a fast-changing organization.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, OpenStack, Kubernetes.
- Experience managing projects with Linux/UNIX technology components.
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification.
- Experience working with Ubuntu.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.