About this job
Mobile Developer, QA/Test Developer
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Mount Pleasant, SC.
Employees can also work full time from this office.
Moovila is seeking a Quality Assurance Professional who will be responsible for performing functional and regression testing on 2-3+ separate applications. This individual will be embedded with a high performing scrum team and will be responsible for reviewing and providing meaningful feedback on requirements when available and working closely with the development team to plan and execute on sprint work. Demoing newly developed functionality will periodically be required.
This individual will be responsible for writing test plans, test cases, as well as automated and manual functional testing. The ideal candidate will have a good attitude, clear communication skills (both verbal and written), be a team player, a self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team, and able efficiently switch between top priority tasks.
- Perform highly in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment where priorities and scope changes are common
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Write database queries to validate front end data
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, PMs, product manager) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and executing test plans and test cases
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, reporting tools and testing processes
- Experience with automated test development
- Familiarity with unit test development
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS, or other online devops environment.
- Experience testing web applications and mobile testing
- Experience testing Canvas, Flutter, Angular and React applications a plus
- Must be a critical thinker and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excel and highly perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related subject