About this job
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time +/- 4 hours
Employees can also work full time from this office.
Markup is a portfolio business in numo, a technology incubator within PNC Bank.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a product development team in building and launching the first release of this new B2B SaaS product. You will take a leadership role, partnering with experienced design, product and technology leaders to establish this enterprise solution, ultimately preparing for spinoff company scaling.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on technologist with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality SaaS products in a dynamic environment and recruiting and leading talented engineers at startups or innovative established companies.
The Director of Engineering will:
- Work alongside design and product to understand desired application capabilities, provide direction on the best sequencing for roadmap needs, and refine and execute the roadmap to introduce and scale the product
- Work with stakeholders to understand objectives, recommend processes and architect user requirements into technical solutions which are reliable and scalable
- Partner with other leaders in client-facing meetings, representing and articulating Markup’s technology strategy and roadmap
- Hire, allocate resources, motivate, and lead full-stack teams to deliver high-quality software and service on schedule to meet the needs of the business. Team scope includes software architecture and development and partner integrations
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and the release process
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
What we’re looking for:
- Results-oriented leader with experience in start-up businesses, early stage thru launch-phase enterprise SaaS product development
- 5+ years of experience managing agile engineering teams
- Experience with modern SDLC techniques, modern architectural patterns, open-source thinking and tools
- Hands-on software development mindset; experience building single-page web applications driven by APIs
- Broad technical experience or familiarity across multiple areas, including:
- B2B software application development
- Front end (UI/UX)
- Backend/data layer
- Third party integrations
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)