- Posted < 1 hour ago
- Be one of the first applicants
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Santa Ana, CA.
Employees can also work full time from this office.
-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.
-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
-This position can be performed 100% remotely or out of one of our offices (CA, TX, CO) following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Bethesda, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Senior Software Engineer to join our team remotely. In this role, you will work alongside technical leads, developers, QA analysts, and project managers to deliver the quality code that’s led to our stable growth over the last 9 years.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Develop websites, services, integrations, and system logic for powering web and mobile platforms
- Assist in creating deployment strategies for distributed cloud-based and multi-tiered applications in a high-scale environment
- Develop unit test code and frameworks for client and server side testing
- Multi-task and juggle multiple pressing projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines
- Mentoring other developers and presenting to technical staff
- Work in an Agile development environment, helping with code organization and continuous integration strategies
Skills & Requirement
- You are highly expertised with PHP and the PHP framework Symfony.
- You’re smart, versatile, and passionate about delivering the highest caliber of code.
- You are experienced with object oriented design and development techniques using standards-based frameworks and patterns (MVC, Entity Frameworks, Dependency Injection, etc.)
- You bring deep knowledge of source control, automated testing, and build automation tools
- You are proficient with running applications on Amazon Web Services, Azure, or other cloud-based platforms.
- You have expertise in database design and integration (MySQL / SQL Server)
- Experience with a variety of languages and technologies (Java, C#, XCode, Python, etc.) preferred
- You have strong communication skills and can effectively liaise between teammates, leadership, and client-side stakeholders.
- You've thrived on teams using the Agile methodology.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Permanently remote work environment
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching
We are excited to review your application!