We are looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join our distributed team and work on challenging international projects, both open-source and proprietary.
We're a consulting agency with a full-remote culture and team members all over the world.
We specialize in building bespoke eCommerce experiences for international clients across a wide array of industries, and we are the main contributors and directors of the Solidus framework.
We're a growing team of friendly people with a culture based on continuous learning, transparency, collaboration and quality over quantity.
What you'll do
Here are some of the responsibilities you'll take on as a developer here:
- Build solid, scalable and maintainable Rails applications with excellent test coverage.
- Constantly communicate with other developers, designer, team leads and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose your ideas and technical solutions.
- Review your peers' code, pair program and mentor other developers.
- Improve open-source software to make everyone's life easier.
- Write technical documentation for your team and the client's.
- Help with project estimation, planning and resource allocation.
- Lead projects and initiatives independently, from idea to the delivery.
- Be part of a distributed and diverse team of awesome people!
Qualified candidates are passionate about building high-quality, well-tested Ruby on Rails code. They should be able to communicate with both their teammates and clients in a clear, productive and friendly way. We value people that are inclusive, community-driven and want to learn new things and share knowledge.
100% Remote work: You can work from one of our beautiful offices in Italy or remotely, as much as you want.
Paid retreats: We get together twice a year to work on our own projects, bond and chill out!
Cheerful environment: You’ll be surrounded by people who love what they do and have a good time while doing it.
Top-notch equipment: We will provide whatever hardware (MacBook Pro, Bose or Sony noise canceling headphones and LG 4K monitor) and software you need in order to do your very best work.
Study Fridays: We only work for clients 4 days a week. Friday is dedicated to personal growth and demos!
Paid conferences: Want to attend that conference? Let us know and we’ll pay for the trip, accommodation, and tickets.
Educational budget: We provide a budget for books, courses and anything else that will help you hone your skills.
Competitive salary: We believe in compensating people fairly, so we offer salaries amongst the best you can find.
Flexible work hours: As long as you’re doing great work, we really don’t mind if it’s a regular 9-to-5 or something else.
Mentoring: You’ll have a dedicated mentor who’ll cheer for you as well as make sure you never stop growing.
What to expect at the job interview
A complete overview of our hiring process is in the hiring section of our playbook, just read through the "Hiring Process" section to learn more.