The best Security Engineer job in the world? We think so.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia to join our remote-first team.
You will be working on Octopus Deploy, the most popular deployment automation tool in the world. This means everything you do will positively affect the lives of thousands of software developers and operations teams around the world.
You will join the Trust, Security & Operations team, working within the Security pod, and be responsible for the effectiveness of the security controls for our environments, people, processes, and services.
You’ll use your experience in analysing security risks and threat vectors to assist in finding the best way towards maintaining the safety of a world-class product that affects the quality of life of thousands of developers worldwide.
You will probably be surprised at how collaboratively we work both inside and across our teams, even though our teams work remotely. We take pride in our hard-earned, friendly, consensus-building, and ever-improving remote-first culture.
Working at Octopus may be different from any other job you’ve had before. At Octopus, your effort will be appreciated because you are adding value to our products, which are our assets. Also, our customers are people just like us. This makes it easy to relate to our customers and understand what they care about most.
Octopus is not a startup. We do not need venture capital. We have been a sustainably profitable business from day one. We care about building a sustainable company, and we do this by helping customers succeed, leaving increased revenue as a happy byproduct.
A typical day might include
- Triage & resolution of incoming security incidents
- Escalating to, and working with operations and engineering teams
- Assisting in the design and delivery of security improvements
- Theorizing about new threats to our environment and coming up with strategies to ensure we are safe from those threats
- Working within the Trust, Security, and Operations Team on daily tasks
- Participating in aspects of security design and architecture
- Managing infrastructure in multiple cloud environments to ensure secure operation
- Working on our Vulnerability Disclosure and Bug bounty programs
- Working with external auditors and testers to assure our environment regularly
- Helping other teams in Octopus in regards to Security issues
- Researching, identifying & responding to threats to our environments
- Participating in the triage of inquiries & incidents that are escalated to the security team
- Resolving security related issues in our cloud-based products, processes, and environments
You will be a great fit for this role if you can demonstrate
- You are prepared to work on an on-call rotation
- A solid grounding in Azure & AWS security administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Scripting or programming language experience
- Broad knowledge in technologies including networking infrastructure, containers, databases, and security appliances/applications
- A solid grounding in infrastructure and application development threats, risks, and controls
- Demonstrated security technology and control design
- Work autonomously and provide solutions with help from your team
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience in using a popular SIEM or log analytics platforms like Splunk, Graylog, or Sumo Logic
- Experience using infrastructure as code technologies like Terraform
- Experience operating within zero trust networks
- Security certifications such as OSCP, OSCE, CCSP, or cloud vendor security certifications (or equivalent) are not a requirement; however, they do show us you’re able to complete a complex project on your own, which aligns with the level of autonomy you’ll have in this role
- Demonstrated experience in .NET languages like C#; Scripting in Bash and Powershell; Terraform, Sumo Logic Query Language
We'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV and include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you. If you look like a good fit, we will be in touch to arrange a Zoom chat with one of our senior engineers.