At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We are currently looking for several Android specialists to help us take our native WordPress, WooCommerce, Tumblr, and Simplenote apps to the next level.
We want people to be able to blog, post, and manage their site or shop wherever they are, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones, such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress, Tumblr, and WooCommerce experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- You are highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- You are passionate about and accomplished in Android software development; in particular, Kotlin.
- You are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with Espresso, performance testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- You are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
Some of our teams are also looking for experience in one of the following areas:
- Native e-commerce apps.
- Social or content-oriented native apps.
- Experience with React Native development.
- UI design skills and knowledge of platform design specifications.
- PHP, WordPress, and REST API backend programming experience.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can influence product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
- Open-source contributions, particularly involvement in open source (or other) communities.