About this job
Financial Technology, Marketplace
(GMT-06:00) Central Time +/- 2 hours
Employees can also work full time from this office.
About the Enterprise Pipeline Team
Enterprise Pipeline, a core C2FO team, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. With hundreds of thousands of businesses accelerating payments in the system, the enterprise pipeline is an important and growing piece of the system. We primarily work in Go but occasionally work with other languages and frameworks including TypeScript and React.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of technical designs and key areas of the system.
- Work with our Product Managers to break down project details and ensure requirements are complete.
- Develop and ship code to complete impactful projects.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code on GitHub.
- Mentor, pair with and support the growth of other engineers.
- Apply good coding practices to ensure our codebase is readable, secure, and scalable.
- Improve our documentation and document design decisions and rationale.
- Take part in the on-call rotation during the hours of 9 AM through 9 PM Central Time.
- Collaborate with others across the company, including Product, DevOps and operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need
Most importantly, we want someone who is:
- Excited about solving problems
- Concerned with the success of your teammates as well as yourself
- Interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the problem space and the 'why' of your work.
- Understanding of the usefulness of testing, code quality, and continuous integration.
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; collaborating with and engaging others as necessary.
- A self-motivated developer who can work independently.
- Detail-oriented with a meticulous approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in English communication, both written and verbal.
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Writing code in a strongly typed language (such as Go, Java, Kotlin, or Scala)
- Service-Based or Microservice architectures
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes