Boyle Software is looking for a full-time Cloud Architect. This is a remote position but candidates must be located in the US.
In this role, you will bring a high degree of hands-on technical architecture expertise in design, development, and implementation of architecture strategy across multiple projects. Periodically you will also support presales initiatives by owning the solution components in those pitches and you'll lead feasibility analysis on potential future projects. Once architected, you will oversee the development, maturation and integration of enterprise architectures.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with customers to understand their technology and business needs.
- Work closely with development team to determine technical needs and requirements of customers.
- Design high-quality solutions for customers using a variety of technologies.
- Provide “hands-on” training and support to customers.
- Provide architectural reviews for customers to verify best practices are being applied.
- Contribute to multiple presales initiatives by owning the solution components in those pitches, and lead feasibility analysis on potential future projects.
- Oversee the development, maturation, and integration of enterprise architectures based on customer provided requirements to meet customer needs.
- Act as the subject matter expert and technical leader in the Cloud & Big Data team, which includes leading and mentoring the team for project delivery, ensuring all customer expectations are met, and providing best practices.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Cloud & Big Data team on all aspects of project management including project planning, resources allocation, scope definition, issues tracking, risk management, project communication, vendor management, stakeholder management, etc.
- Act as the point of contact for technical project escalation. Work cross functionally to resolve all escalation and drive project issues to closure.
- Provide thought leadership and articulate creative technical solutions to clients as and when needed.
- Communicate customers’ escalations to the delivery leadership team (Web analytics and ADM) so that priorities are aligned with action items clearly set.
- Assist in technical presales activities for RFP, RFQ, and RFI assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience providing IT consulting services relating to technical solutions.
- High degree of technical architecture expertise in design, development, and implementation of architecture strategies in cloud & big data programs.
- Strong hands-on coding experience now till the most recent project, with software development tools and methodologies (Java and Python are a must).
- Lead technical teams of 5-10 engineers.
- Strong programming experience in Python or Java. Optional experience in .NET.
- Strong understanding of coding, architecture, cloud, DevOps, SaaS, etc.
- Expertise in the latest Cloud, DevOps, architecture technologies, methodologies, and business applications.
- Experience processing data with languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, C#, R, etc.
- Strong experience working with data in at least one of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with columnar MPP systems such as Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake, Paraccel, Greenplum.
- Comfortable with Linux/Mac command line tools.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Hands on experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming.