ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is more than a business, it’s a movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, Happy Money delivers digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through a purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE TEAM
Here are some top reasons for coming to work for Happy Money Data Confidence team:
- Cool project - Build the next generation Enterprise Data Warehouse designed and built from the ground up.
- Cool database - Snowflake on AWS, the leading cloud-native analytic repository featuring separate elastic storage and compute resources, ANSI SQL, unlimited capacity and amazing performance.
- Cool Architecture - Data Vault 2.0 features the best of Inmon's and Kimball's models with a unique approach to supporting rapidly changing data.
- Cool tools - the latest technology for modeling, designing, building and delivering data warehouses in the cloud including the newest ETL/ELT tools.
- Cool team - work with experts with decades of experience building very large data warehouses and analytic/reporting systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Data Engineer works closely with other teams to extract, transform and load data from wide variety of data sources, including in-house databases
- Creating solutions using best practices
- Working cross functionally with other engineering teams to improve process and best practices
- Designing, developing and maintaining solutions to: source, integrate, transform, cleanse, normalize and expose / present data to various constituents / consumer groups such as other engineering groups, data science or other end users
- Data Engineers also recommend and influence the adoption of Data related technologies and products;
- Data Engineers are also supporting and working closely with Dev Ops to define, build and assess Data Infrastructure environments
This position is 100% remote (US only)
- 5+ years of experience in MS SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, ETL technologies (SSIS, Informatica), and a plus if you know Snowflake, Kafka, AWS, Python
- 3+ years of experience building large data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work expertise
- Experience working cross functionally with other teams outside of engineering
- Prior experience with financial systems is a plus.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!