- Posted 9 hours ago
- Be one of the first applicants
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Santa Ana, CA.
Employees can also work full time from this office.
-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.
-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
-This position is fully remote, with the option to work out of our Orange County CA office following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, and business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking for a Data Engineer to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The Data Engineer will solve complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers via actionable and aesthetically-pleasing reports and dashboards in Power BI.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Develop customized, dynamic, and aesthetically-pleasing on-line reports and dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
- Create, design, and customize data visualizations, including charts, tables, and report layouts
- Work directly with business leaders executives and their teams, helping them leverage data and technology to maximize business impact
- Analyze a wide variety of data to derive insights
- Write queries to pull/summarize/analyze data from various data sets and platforms
- Provide mentorship to teammates with respect to consultative and technical skills in order to promote best practices and grow the organization
Skills and Requirements
- You have a strong professional background using Microsoft Power BI
- You are highly adept with reporting packages, databases, and concepts of ETL design and execution.
- You have technical expertise with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- You are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have excellent communicative and collaboration skills and can work effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders to move projects forward.
We are excited to review your application!
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching