Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for maintaining, designing, and automating our DevOps processes. This position not only works on deliverables directly, but will be responsible for technically leading team members, and providing knowledge, guidance and resources to ensure on time delivery of products
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
We will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with some travel.
How You'll Do It
- Hands on technical development work and work as a DevOps Engineer:
- Guide documentation processes and create operating procedures
- Focus on automation directing workflow and prioritization of duties and tasks
- Responsible for managing and operating the cloud environment.
- Write scripts and create templates for automating all aspects of DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure operations
- Focus is centered on automation, security, configuration, documentation, optimization, and operational support
- Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching:
- Build team with skills that will allow the team to scale with the company
- Leading teams and making sure deliverables are managed
- Provide technical guidance
- Responsible from a technology standpoint to make sure things are working right for technical production
- Organizing the team and making sure they are assigned the right tasks for capabilities
The Right Stuff
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 7 years of experience in Technical experience with software development life cycle.
- 3 years of experience in leadership (lead teams, task force, project deliverable responsibilities with team members).
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly technical and deep AWS knowledge and experience (required) and preferred AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, and the core focus area in a related field is preferred.
- 5 years in software development life cycle and demonstrated experience in software security, methodologies and frameworks.
- Understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure architecture.
- Expertise in implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, open source scanning tools and integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline at scale.
- Expertise in application development frameworks, build systems and ability to integrate tools into the CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Octopus, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, etc.
- Expert knowledge and experience working with AWS infrastructure and services.
- Experience working with containerization tools (Docker, AWS ECS Fargate, Kubernetes).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform).
- Experience with observability tools for application monitoring and system diagnostics (Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS X-Ray, ELK stack).
- The ability to multitask and prioritize workflows is highly desirable.
- Skills managing and directing work teams - demonstrating the experience of how to manage others as well as being self-directed working toward achieving results.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $136,000- $142,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding