SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We deliver using Agile practices to help the government solve their most technically challenging problems. The systems we develop are used to improve the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people and revolutionize the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. SemanticBits is a remote-first employer and has been named a Top Workplace in 2021. Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
SemanticBits is looking for a Software engineer with Drupal experience to help us build modern digital health services. The project involves building and customizing a highly interactive and modern web application and API (i.e. both front- and back-end) with Drupal 8 and React that will be used by researchers, health care providers, and the general public to browse, search, and download public health datasets related to Medicare quality of care. The system will support thousands of concurrent users in a high-availability setting. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design approaches led by a talented Visual Designer to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. We are looking for Senior to Principal level candidates.
Tools & Technology:
- Drupal 8, Drush, Acquia, DKAN
- PHP, Composer, Cypress
- Architecting complex, enterprise Drupal-based systems.
- Working with Drupal 8, Drush, Composer, and JSONAPI to create highly performant publicly accessible RESTful APIs.
- Building an Open Data Catalogue that is compliant with Project Open Data specifications.
- Taking ownership of features and ensuring highest quality code is delivered to client specifications.
- Using automated testing frameworks, such as Cypress, Postman, etc.
- Some DevOps tasks, including Continuous Integration with Jenkins and automated deployments.
- Working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services.
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack, Confluence, and Jira.
- Not being afraid to make use of advanced Git operations such as rebasing and cherry-picking.
- Bachelor's degree required, strong preference for Computer Science field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of PHP and Drupal is required
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL/SQLite
- Experience with Git is required
- Working in Linux, or equivalent CLI on Mac is required
- Working experience with Docker is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Candidates must reside in the United States
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Stipend for work station set up
Three weeks of PTO
Eleven paid holiday days
One floating holiday
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 for assistance.