Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
We’re seeking a Sr. Full Stack Developer to evolve our learning management system (LMS) and architect innovative solutions to support our business objectives and customers as we grow. Our Agile Education LMS is where instructors from all over the world can list Scrum courses, and where students can register for those courses, interact with trainers, consume online educational content and more. Our company is growing and this position will have a direct impact and influence on the continued success of our business. This is a 90-day temporary-to-hire position with the goal of bringing the right candidate on full-time.
- A love of code and test-driven development
- A mindset consistent with the core Scrum Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment
- 4 years of full-stack software development with depth and breadth of experience including expertise in both frontend and backend development:
- React (with Redux), Node.js (with Express)
- AWS, Google Cloud
- HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JS
- Experience with information security best practices
- Thoughtful communication skills; you can explain anything to anyone
- A desire to mentor and pair with fellow developers
- High energy and a desire to work on a collaborative team
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A drive to build something inspiring and lasting
- Passion for finding performant, responsive solutions to challenging problems and learning new things
- A desire and ability to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to technical solutions and decision making
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bonus if you have experience with Automated CI/CD and have experience growing jr. developers
In this role you will:
- Be a member of an amazing, cross-functional Scrum Team: Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers, Marketing, Program Management and Operations.
- Mentor fellow developers and other team members.
- Work on an agile learning management system and community platform.
- Architect new solutions to solve business and customer problems.
- Develop and maintain products deployed on AWS cloud services.
- Research, design and implement new features and functionalities for our platform.
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and respond to support requests.
- Learn a lot and have the ability to make significant contributions.
- Help us write the next chapters of our story…
- Opportunities to work with the best, most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company founded by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- A work environment that combines the best aspects of collaboration, autonomy, and diversity
- Meaningful work and an opportunity to make a big impact at a small, family-owned company
- A rapidly growing company that is continuously looking to evolve
- Generous pay and benefits (full health and dental, unlimited vacation, retirement plan, etc.), professional development opportunities, and company-based profit sharing
How we work:
- We do Scrum. We strive to live the Scrum values and to continuously improve as individuals, as teams and as a company.
- We work from anywhere and everywhere. Our web team is six people in 5 different states. Our main office is in Boston, but you are welcome to work from home, or in the office as you like. Once every 3 months, we get together, in person, as a company for a 2-day quarterly gathering (dependent on travel guidelines).
- We work collaboratively. We encourage pairing and knowledge sharing via tools like zoom, slack, and Mural.
- We value happiness. We view the happiness of our team members as the primary leading indicator of team performance and prioritize it accordingly
What we would do together:
- We’ll evolve our learning management platform and practices
- Support our customers
- Architect solutions for existing and emerging business problems
- Improve our test coverage
- Assess if we have a mutually beneficial relationship that we’d like to continue
About Scrum Inc.’s Education Business
We incubate new curriculum to meet the needs of industry and then ensure maximum impact and access by distributing that curriculum through our network of Agile Education Trainers. We accomplish this through two fundamental value streams: teaching courses to upskill or reskill professionals and professional credentialing.
About Scrum Inc.
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is three fold: to fundamentally change the way the world works, to continue the evolution of scrum, and be a model for how work should be. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
At Scrum Inc., we give our clients the ability to get results and drive performance at speeds they never thought possible. We give them the tools to be able to deliver twice the work in half the time. And with every client we work with, we learn something about how Scrum fundamentally changes their way of working. We use that knowledge to evolve scrum and advance agile practices around the globe.
We do this in various ways such as training, consulting, and credentialing, but also through online courses, articles, books, and videos. Through our thought leadership we create productive and happy workplaces throughout the world.
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.