ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
We’re not just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, we deliver digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™. We do this through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Happy Money engineering team incorporates a wide range of technologies and provides fullstack support of these technologies from UI, APIs, to the Database layer. The team focuses on many areas at Happy Money from customer experience to supporting data science modeling. We provide high quality solutions to business problems while also implementing a robust application platform that is resilient and fault tolerant. Our team takes an Agile approach to our Software Development Life Cycle providing flexibility to take on both large and small projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members.
- Own design, test, development and delivery of new and existing features.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate cross functionally to identify the best solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
- Mentoring engineers in best practices and Happy Money culture.
- Experience leading and coordinating teams to deliver results.
- Capable of working in isolation to design solutions to complex problems.
- Ambassador of engineering culture and process.
- Experience as a scrum master leading and prioritizing tasks.
- Design and develop maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant, and efficient systems.
- Upholding code quality to ensure features are upto standards to deliver a quality product.
- Aligning team priorities with company OKRs to deliver business value to meet company goals.
- Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
- 8+ years experience as a full stack software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing front-end solutions on multiple platforms at scale.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing microservices for highly scalable systems.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and asynchronous multi-threading.
- Experience developing and integrating with third party APIs.
- Believe strongly in testing everything you design and develop using automation.
- Hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases and their trade-offs.
- Strong experience with Agile software engineering methodologies and practices.
- Strong leadership skills to help guide engineers in technical decisions in design, implementation, and risk analysis.
- Ability to scope, scale, and prioritize tasks to help team project plan and deliver on their milestones.
- Ability to coordinate feature development across multiple teams to align road maps to deliver critical features.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with financial services systems
- Professional experience with Functional Programming and a strong understanding of Functional Programming Concepts
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.
- Experience developing and deploying solutions using CI/CD.
- Experience developing cloud-native solutions.
- Scrum master experience is a plus.