About this job
DevOps, Full Stack Developer
Mobile, Mobile Development, Web Technology
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Employees can also work full time from this office.
The Washington Post is hiring a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for our internally developed Circulation Management system. Circulation Management supports the full lifecycle of our print subscription business - managing customers, financial transactions, delivery logistics and integration with a variety of internal and customer facing applications. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer with a conscientious mentality and a relentless commitment to quality and stability. In this role, your contributions would directly support a wide variety of stakeholders who rely on this system to get the paper out everyday and serve one of our most valuable customer bases - print subscribers.
- Build dynamic new features across both the front-end and the back-end of the application.
- Refactor and improve the stability of the current application codebase.
- Analyze and optimize large data sets and queries to support business processes and reporting needs
- Support and make improvements upon the application’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- Work directly with product managers and stakeholders from Accounting, Marketing, Customer
- Service and Circulation staff to translate business requirements into robust features and technical tasks.
- Serve in an on-call capacity.
What we’re looking for
It’s okay to not meet 100% of these requirements! We’re primarily looking for people who meet some of these requirements and are motivated to learn and expand their skill.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, equivalent field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in at least one server side programming language; Node, Java, C#, Ruby, Go or Python.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies such as Docker and Jenkins.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as S3, ECS, EC2, and CloudWatch.
- Comfortable working with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Experience in agile software development teams and working iteratively with designers, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Practical working experience within logistics/supply chain management or financial billing is desired but not required