Senior Manager of Hybrid Cloud and DevOps
- Lead the development and maintenance of Hybrid Cloud, Cloud, Infrastructure, DBA, and DevOps in support of the corporate strategy.
- Work with IT and business leadership to ensure translation of strategic plans into actionable components: technologies, tools, skills, resources, and funding required to successfully achieve the desired results.
- Manages the pipeline and prioritization of cloud design work efforts and realigns technical staff accordingly to optimize team output.
- Identify needs and lead in gaining support for improving our technology environment in such a way that improves our company’s competitiveness and ability to achieve its goals.
- Manage cloud, hybrid, and infrastructure resources ensuring high-quality, complete, and cost-effective architecture designs for all projects.
- Provide organization-wide access to usable architecture documentation and materials needed to properly understand and leverage our technology for cloud, infrastructure, and DevOps.
- Support the controlled process for introducing, managing and retiring technology applications and platforms.
- Lead the creation of DevOps architecture and standards, and partner with others to drive organizational effectiveness using DevOps principles.
- Support the definition and adoption of technology standards, patterns, and policies.
- Works directly with cloud suppliers and technology vendors to understand their roadmaps and solutions and adapt to our environment
- Finds opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT analysis, design and implementation, with at least 5 years of direct experience with cloud or hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Requires 3 years of direct leadership of engineering and technical resources to deliver IT solutions on time, on budget and in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Must have exposure to multiple, diverse technical environments and a proven drive to complete projects on time and to budget.
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors and internal resources to meet business needs.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing of systems and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices including the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Experience with cloud migration projects is a must.
- Experience with operations of data intensive and distributed systems is a must.
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, DBAs, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevOps program throughout the organization.
- Good understanding of various DevOps tools and package management tools such as npm and GitHub.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills. Strong active listening skills are required. Able to explain complex technical knowledge to non-technical people.
- Delegate where appropriate and maintain open and honest communication with all levels of management.
- The ability to balance tactical and strategic work is required.
- Must possess significant in-depth knowledge of industry best practices for application design, analysis and/or architecture.
- Excellent consultative and collaborative skills required. Provide outstanding customer service to stakeholders, peers, and management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and distributed environment
Additional Love to Have Skills:
- Prefer candidates with a technically oriented degree.
- IT and security related certifications are a bonus.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, Cloud Security Alliance,and CCPA Standards and Policies and the associated certification and audit processes.
- Auditing and Compliance Certifications such as CISA, PCI-ISA, and PCIP.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and applications is desirable.
- Familiarity with tools like Bitbucket, Jira and configuring them for automation is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
- Fintech background
- SaaS environment
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision discounts, 401K,, vacation time with a remote working opportunity in light of current conditions. Preference is for candidates to be within a 2 hour driving distance from Stroudsburg, PA to attend occasional on site meetings.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Back to jobs