The Banno Team at Jack Henry & Associates is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages the best of modern technology and an industry premier product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We build mobile applications natively in both Android and iOS as well as using modern web components.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work with multiple teams, you are self-motivated. You want to own the deliverable, from working with the product manager to defining the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your teams, and the end user. You are passionate about helping to ensure the stability and performance of the products, as well as maintaining a great user experience.
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that engages you each day and supports your growth. We know you will love it here.
What you will be working on
The Senior Mobile Test Analyst tests the newest features in our apps and searches for any degraded functionality or performance. You are a key member of each new feature project, working with product managers and development teams at every stage of the project, to highlight potential risks for new products and features. You create plans for testing, including test environment requirements, working with other members of the test team. You are a master of detail, tracking defects and causal analyses to closure. The developers you work alongside will deeply appreciate your uncanny ability to find bugs before any user sees it.
About the Banno Team
The Banno Team is committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of over 100, we place a high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with modern technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Travel may possibly be required up to 5% for company meetings and professional development.
This position will be hired Remotely.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Android and/or iOS software testing.
- Must have experience with or knowledge of project management software Jira, Rally, Azure DevOps, Fogbugz or Github Issues.
- Must have experience with source control tools Git, GitHub or BitBucket.
- Must have experience testing API’s with Paw or Postman AND using proxy tools Charles or Proxyman.
- Must have experience with native IDE’s Xcode or Android Studio with the ability to build and collect debug information from an application.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced understanding of test design and testing methodologies.
- Knowledge in UX standards for iOS and Android applications.
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose staff all works remotely.
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with financial and/or banking applications.
- Experience working with in progress branches and working alongside the developers as they implement new features. Digging into the code, when needed, to identify issues and assist in the debugging process.
- Manually tests applications using exploratory methods, and where appropriate creates test plans and scripts for new products or features. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents. Helps set standards for test design.
- Leads testing efforts for new products or features.
- Coordinates and performs highly complex technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits issues to development for correction, and retests once issues have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- May create and maintain test tools, libraries, databases, and test environments.
- Assists with the education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- Acts independently to cross-train and mentor less experienced Test team members.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to the Test team.
- Has a wide range of experience and is able to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.