What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and operate internal multi-tenant platforms:
- Container orchestration runtimes (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Event streaming (e.g. Kafka)
- Persistent storage (e.g. Redis)
- Play a key role in architecting the future Kubernetes platform and application adoption roadmap
- Provide leadership in containerization of applications and best practice container usage
- Providing leadership in Proof of Concepts (POCs) for assessment of technical and business benefits.
- Growing our agile development culture through use of excellent engineering skills and a deep knowledge of DevOps methodologies.
- Ability to drive platform architecture design and ownership and articulate architecture solution options to product owners and architecture leadership.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and risk in developing strategic technical solutions. Work closely with Product/Application teams in technology evaluation, selection, recommendation and configuration.
- Collaborating with peer architects seeing opportunities to refactor business processes, improve customer experience or perform capability rationalization.
Who You Are
- Strong experience with multiple high level programming languages (Java, Python preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Twelve Factor App methodologies
- Deep hands-on experience in orchestration container platforms (cloud or on-premises such as EKS, AKS, Tanzu, OpenShift, etc.)
- Deeply committed to complete automation of the complete SDLC
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and configuration tooling (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) preferred
- Experience with event streaming patterns
- Deep understanding of messaging and caching platforms
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective, trusting partnerships with product managers, architects and technical leads for individual products and applications
- Proven and comprehensive knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to agile teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Proven track record of critical thinking, with the ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Passion for technology without limitation to a set of languages or frameworks. Love what you do and are eager to seek new challenges
- Obsessed with building great teams, sharing knowledge and improving DevOps culture
- Strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication including the ability to influence
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in an architecture and/or software engineering role
What’s In It For You
In addition to working on cutting-edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.