Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM)
Located in London or Remote (UTC +/- 5)
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioural data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.
Snowplow has seen significant growth over the last 18 months and we’re not looking to slow down in 2020. As part of our evolution, we’re now looking for a senior product marketer (also known as PMM) to sit within our Marketing organization, reporting to our VP, Marketing. You’ll work closely with our current product marketer, the Product team and Demand Generation to develop marketing materials and campaign initiatives related to our products and services to both win new business and serve existing customers.
We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team and are looking for someone to join us who wants to combine a mixture of creative thinking and technical expertise. You will have good experience in delivering strong product marketing in a technical environment and bring the skills to be able to hit the ground running.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a competitive analysis programme that provides valuable insight into the broader market
- Champion and deliver a sales enablement programme to ensure sales teams have everything they need for every part of the customer journey.
- Educate them on our competitors, market trends, product positioning and new product features
- Work cross-functionally to improve the visibility of product marketing efforts; developing a continuous flow of communication between the product, marketing and customer office
- Work closely with the Product and Demand Generation teams to identify target audiences, developing ideal customer profiles and determining how Snowplow can meet their needs
- Develop messaging and content for our products that is educational, easy to understand and speaks clearly to our customer base
- Collaborate on the go-to-market strategy and drive the content and positioning aspects from concept to launch
- Plan and execute successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns that serve to educate customers & prospects on the benefits of Snowplow
- Write informative blog posts on Snowplow’s latest product launches and case studies on our customers’ Snowplow use cases
- Speak directly to our customers to capture content for both messaging and cases studies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- The idea of working for a growing startup excites you
- You have a passion for marketing with 3+ years experience in a product marketing role (technical understanding is a must)
- Experience releasing products and services to new and existing markets
- Outstanding written communications skills with ability to translate complex concepts and technology into simple and intuitive messaging
- Acting as the bridge between Product and Marketing, you have an ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with different teams
- You are proactive and comfortable working under limited supervision and guidance, you don’t require hand-holding
- Excellent time management, organisation and project prioritisation skills
- Deep understanding of technical audiences within the market, you are able to communicate with engineers, analysts, PMs, CIOs and similar positions
- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for B2B companies with horizontal/infrastructural technology is a plus, though not required to succeed in this position
What you’ll get in return:
A competitive package, including share options
25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
Cycle to work scheme
Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
Employee Assistance Program with Health Assured which includes therapy sessions.
Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.