Thycotic is looking for a hands-on Senior QA Engineer to perform and lead the QA process for one of its enterprise-level, cloud-based software applications. The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for designing, executing, and maintaining test plans and test cases that confirm software stability and function prior to release to customers. The Senior QA Engineer must be capable of performing and leading both manual and automated testing.
This is a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office and will report to the VP of Software Operations.
- Perform role of test lead for a team of QA engineers responsible for the quality of a commercial software security product.
- Acquire technical product knowledge in order to lead and train the QA team on technical test projects.
- Create and execute manual and automated tests based on software release enhancements and defect corrections.
- Review and reproduce reported product issues and document with clear replication steps.
- Create test plans, prioritizing test cases and test coverage to meet release deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form QA plans, resourcing needs, and issues.
- Ability to work with flexible work hours and liaison with remote teams and contractors, including offshore and near shore teams with varied time zone differences.
- Measure and report QA statistics to drive efficiency, set priorities, and monitor performance.
- Configure and maintain complex QA testing environments.
- Development of automated test creation and execution using test automation tools.
- Ability to work as a member of an agile/sprint team, handling QA verifications and acceptances of sprint work items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with coding, running, and monitoring automated tests using Selenium or similar tools.
- 5+ years of full-time work experience leading enterprise product QA – in the Security or Privilege Access Management area preferred.
- 2+ years of full-time work experience working with offshore or nearshore QA teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours to communicate and interact with USA-based, off-shore, and near-shore technical teams.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skill.