Senior Ruby Engineer- Fully Remote US Only
SENIOR RUBY ENGINEER
FULLY REMOTE, US ONLY
In your role as a senior software engineer you will be an expert in modern day application development. You will have familiarity with the practices of high-performing engineering organizations such as Git-Flow, pull requests, unit testing, cloud architecture & design, and SCRUM. You will be an excellent hands-on contributor and you’ll be a mentor for other software engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and maintain powerful APIs that will be used by agents to quote and bind policies for small business owners.
- Write clean, well-tested code and automated unit tests using Ruby / Ruby on Rails.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups.
- Work with product managers, designers, site-reliability engineers, and customers to build powerful, impactful products.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the software development life cycle from ideation to delivery.
- Create more senior engineers by mentoring other engineers in areas such as unit testing, continuous integration, DRY/SOLID principles, and SDLC.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years of Ruby on Rails
- Previous working experience in high-growth technology companies and/or startups
- Understanding of scrum, unit testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and RESTful APIs, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Previous work experience in insurance and/or experience with policy rating very desirable.
- Full-stack expertise in multiple tiers of modern web applications (e.g. front end, back end, infrastructure, etc.)
- Bonus points for open source contributions and/or speaking experience
Back to jobs