ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE TEAM
- You will be part of an overall organization composed of various engineers and specialists that focus in infrastructure, operations, development, observability, and security.
- Along with a few other specialist people, the Platform Engineering/SRE is instrumental in the future public API-driven services which define Happy Money's road forward
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Be a foundational member of our Platform Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice
- With senior Engineering leadership and in consultation with functional areas (Systems Engineering/Operations, Development, QA, Program Management, Data Engineering, etc), scope, create, deploy, and manage platforms to measure and increase site availability and responsiveness
- Will bring significant experience to bear in assessing and remediating site reliability issues
- Believes in robust automation everywhere (of course)
- Exhibits extreme ownership mentality
- Can anticipate future infrastructure/platform/applications needs at scale, and can offer and implement practical solutions
- Be on-call
- Work Pacific time hours
- Will successfully mentor others in SRE fundamentals
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 10+ years experience as an SRE, full-stack developer, systems engineer, DevOps, or other such contributor
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer or SRE
- 5+ years experience with AWS services
- Strong facility with either Java or Python is required; strong ability with both is highly desired
- You are an expert at Bash development
- 5+ years with modern, agile SDLC practices, orchestration tooling, and CI/CD platforms (e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Very deep experience with common security monitoring, SIEMs, penetration, and other such platforms (e.g., Splunk, AWS GuardDuty, Qualys, AlienVault, etc)
- Ability to make nuanced threat assessments
- Experience with the NIST family of Information Security-related publications including 800-37, 800-30, and 800-53
- Significant experience with PCI, SOC2, SOX, HIPAA, or other compliance regimes
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Significant experience with financial systems or loan origination systems
- Have strong connections with industry leaders who we could leverage for topical discussions
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!