The Performance Development team is looking for a motivated Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) to build and maintain one of UKG's flagship offerings, Performance Reviews. The Performance Reviews product is a cornerstone of UKG's core Human Capital Management (HCM) suite of products and encompasses everything a company needs to conduct performance reviews.
Our SDETs are software engineers that are passionate about quality. You play a key role in championing for software testing best practices in an agile team of Software Engineers, SREs and other SDETs. You help the team develop and adopt automated testing frameworks and tooling. You write code using your specialized testing knowledge of testing techniques as well as your knowledge of good technical architecture and design. You also have the opportunity to grow the next generation of SDETs in the team and connect with other SDETs in the company.
We want to be accommodating to your work preferences! You can be remote from anywhere in the US, or work a hybrid schedule if you are commutable to Weston FL or San Francisco CA.
Here at UKG, our business is people. We believe in taking good care of you so that you will take good care of our customers. You may chose to be fully remote, work out of one of our offices in the United States or some hybrid between the two. We offer a number of benefits at no cost to you — 100% employer paid insurance premiums for you and your family, 45% 401K matching, unlimited paid time off, IVF coverage, tuition reimbursement, etc. For the full list of benefits, please see https://www.ukg.com/careers
On the Performance Development team, we’re here to work together to build an amazing product for our customer.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
* Write automated tests at all levels.
* Improve product quality through evangelizing the quality mindset and testing best practices among the broader engineering team.
* Review and critique engineering architectural design.
* Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
* Solve problems together with product, UX, integration partners, and engineers on the team.
* Build and improve test frameworks that are easy-to-use, reliable and performant.
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* Relational database experience such as SQL Server or similar.
* Good understanding of modern automated testing framework, tools, and techniques.
* Familiar with TestRail, Gatling, or Cypress testing.
* Able to contribute to customer feature development.
* Experience with Java and Spring Framework.
* Familiar with message brokers such as RabbitMQ and Kafka.
* Experience with microservices, CQRS and Event Sourcing architectural patterns.
* Experience with Domain Driven Design.
* Familiar with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
As a team we believe in:
People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work. Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives. Everyone owns all areas of the software development and delivery lifecycle. We don't like to work in silos. We believe that every person on the team owns the quality, security, delivery, and stability of our product.