Cie reimagines businesses creating innovation and growth opportunities for enterprises and emerging startups. We are invested all the way through. We are a team of builders, self-starters and passionate pioneers looking for the next difference maker to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of our interactive applications and backend systems that support our web and mobile projects. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-moving, startup environment.
This is a hands-on role and will require significant research and technical architecture efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail…then APPLY HERE!
What You Will Have Achieved in a Year:
What You’ll Do:
DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS - You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for teams and projects throughout the organization across a variety of industries. You will architect and build scalable applications that are used by individuals everywhere.
- A STARTUP PRO - Our in-house startups will give you the opportunity to put your at-scale experience to use at the ground level when that extra acceleration is needed from the jump!
TECH AGNOSTIC - Our development team is made up of world class engineers from backend(.NET Core), mobile(React Native, Unity, and Xamarin), and front-end(Vue, React, and Angular). By leveraging the latest development technologies, you will always be exposed to something new.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
End-to-end ownership of application architecture for web, API and other technical projects
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
Distill high-level product requirements into technical recommendations(stacks, infrastructure, services)
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Participate in performing technical due-diligence on existing/legacy code-bases during integration with partners and startups
- Identify areas of code reusability across projects and across disciplines to develop, maintain and grow a repository of reusable source code in order to increase development velocity
Create, maintain and update processes to allow bootstrapping of new technical projects as quickly as possible
- Assist in building out both the development architecture and underlying infrastructure for a multitude of web-based projects
- Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
- Be a mentor to more junior developers working on your projects by setting development schedules, delegating tasks, and reviewing code
- Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering teams
- Collaborate with frontend, backend and mobile developers internally and client-side in regard to APIs and integrations with their underlying systems
Collaborate with the various department leads(frontend, backend, mobile, QA) on setting up and maintaining auxiliary platforms to assist with development and deployment(continuous integration, automated deploys, etc.)
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies and frameworks and everything in between
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- Work alongside various leads to provide guidance on immediate and long-term strategy towards application development
Why Develop at Cie?
- experience developing applications on the .NET framework using C# and other server-side technologies
- experience developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC and other web server based frameworks
- experience with MS-SQL creating efficient and effective data models in high transaction environments and writing complex queries
experience developing web services using WebAPI
experience modeling APIs using RAML or OpenAPI
experience with automated builds and deployments(TeamCity, Octopus Deploy or similar technologies)
- experience utilizing PaaS and IaaS services on AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- extensive experience with Git is required
- extensive experience with unit and integration testing is required
- extensive experience with load and performance testing is required
extensive experience with development across all application layers(data, business logic, user interface development)
- comfortable working in an agile-based team environment with a start-up culture
- proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- the drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
- must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Work from anywhere! We have team members spanning across the U.S. from coast to coast.
- Grab all of the latest versions of Microsoft software and resources through your own MSDN Subscription.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology with access to on-demand learning services such as PluralSight.
- Speed through development with a powerful MacBook Pro.
What we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for bright, independent, collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive companies. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers who have had serial successes.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: We are remote…for now! In your future be prepared for: frequent team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…