ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
We’re not just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, we deliver digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™. We do this through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are open to 100% remote candidates based in the US for this position.
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
- Add new functionality and iterate on existing products
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, TDD, QA, deployment and bug-fixing
- Collaborate with team to architect, build, and document products that improve our members’ lives
- Understand the tradeoffs inherent in software development
- Technologies used in our tech sstack include JAVA, Ruby, Python, React, and Node, but value flexibility
- Help develop and mentor junior developers
- 7+ years experience with full-lifecycle software development on multiple platforms at scale
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one backend framework such as Spring, Rails, etc.
- Experience developing and integrating with APIs
- Familiarity with AWS technologies - EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional Programming
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
- Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
- Experience with modern tooling and best practices, especially in the areas of testing, CI/CD, and instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with financial services systems
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Clojure programming (hobby or work)
- Experience programming in a polyglot environment