Backend Developer, DevOps
Travel & Tourism
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Do you want to make a substantial impact on the future of Hopper's travel technology? We're hiring a specialist in Backend Development to join our Fintech team and help us innovate the evolution of travel selling and booking technology. Fintech contributes to 70% of the company's overall revenue and as a Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for crafting, implementing, and deploying the sophisticated backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Solve sophisticated technical problems that address scalability issues to improve the user experience
- Work in a dynamic microservices' environment with a rich API tier and make important architectural decisions about core backend systems
- Be empowered to drive innovation for our Fintech products (e.g Price Freeze, Hopper Cloud)
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner using Scala and technologies like GCP, Kafka, BigQuery, BigTable, HBase, Cloud SQL among others.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, across Engineering, Data Science, Product and Leadership, executing on big opportunities and helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry!
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Experience growing in dynamic backend environments, delivering user experience at scale.
- Experience working with persistence technologies and the ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Experience mentoring and leading people at different stages in their career
- Excels in multi-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
BENEFITS / PERKS:
- Well-funded and proven startup offering competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Ambitious culture where pushing limits and trying new things is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = substantial impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)