Senior Software Engineer (C#/.Net)
Are you looking for an exciting role, building the latest and greatest in online bill pay systems? Do you have a passion to do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun? Are you an advocate of Agile software development and high quality customer experiences while fostering a culture of continuous learning? If so, Jack Henry & Associates is looking for a Senior C# Software Engineer that possesses these traits to join the iPay Software Engineering team.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a key player in the development effort to craft leading edge FinTech systems. We’re seeking someone who is humble, hungry, and smart and driven to simplifying the bill pay experience for our customers. Our ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to think quickly and serves as a proactive and collaborative problem solver; not a heads-down coder that always works on their own. They approach problems with a ‘beginner’s mind’ and an absence of bias when thinking through solutions.
This position can be based to work remotely from any US location but all candidates must be able to work typical Eastern Time business hours.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in .NET/C# software development.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- SQL Server experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Full-stack development, including web/mobile, API and back-end application development.
- All aspects of quality testing.
- Cloud technologies
- Payments/financial industry.
- Participates in application design and architecture.
- Experience using Git.
- SQL Server database development.
- Azure DevOps build and release pipelines.
- Orchestration/Workflow/Business Process Management engines.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of secure software into production.
- Continually seeks to improve technical and product knowledge through both self-learning as well as group learning opportunities.
- Actively participates in paired/mob programming sessions.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Performs continuous refactoring to ensure clean code each sprint.
- Analyzes, maintains and improves scalability, performance and reliability.
- Performs Test Driven Development and unit test creation.
- Commits to doing whatever it takes to ensure quality product delivery. including test case reviews, test case writing, manual testing, performance testing and test automation, as needed.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project/sprint effort estimates.
- Develops and tests applications based on sprint backlog user stories and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
Back to jobs