Senior Software Engineer [Cloud Systems | Automation | Performance] - Remote
Do you love crafting tools and automation that bring a smile to engineer’s day? How about solving complex operational challenges transitioning to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures? If so, this 'SWAT-Style' and distributed team would be a place for you to express your ideas and work on what you are passionate about.
Work Location | Remote
Knowing the current distributed makeup of this group, the expectation is that you would be integrated into this effort in a remote capacity. This will be the continued expectation well into the foreseeable future.
Here you will be working on a backend software engineering team that collects, processes, transforms and analyzes vast amounts of scientific and geospatial data. You will also work alongside the science organization to understand how growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. This team takes these insights and builds meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to feed our ever-growing population.
As a skilled, creative, collaborative engineer and leader this work would allow you to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Lead the container best practices in design, development & implementation.
- Identify, document, automate an engineering processes for repeated tasks.
● Built and managed a container orchestration platform from the ground up.
● In-depth experience with Continuous Delivery Systems, Tools, and best practices. (GitLab’s CI/CD Offering)
● A contributor to open-source projects.
● Passionate for developing large scale distributed systems and applications.
● Experienced working with Big Data
Experience building automation tools in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Golang, Clojure, or Ruby).
Containerization Tasks: Docker & Kubernetes [images, networking, infrastructure]
Cloud: AWS Local Stack | AWS Services: SQS, SNS, ECS, EMR, Lambda
Tools: SonarQube, WireMock, Pact.io, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins CI, New Relic, Splunk, Airflow, Cloudformation, CodeDeploy, Fargate
← Back to jobs