Senior Software Engineer, Operations
As a luxury consignment company, almost everything we sell is unique and in different conditions. Every day we receive tens of thousands of items in our authentication centers; This presents fun challenges in processing these unique items.
Some of the optimization problems associated with having unique items with different conditions:
- Every item must be described, priced, and photographed to capture an item’s differing condition.
- Experts need to authenticate each item accurately.
- Operations of shipping, storing and managing the inventory of so many unique items.
Along with these exciting problems, we also have multiple authentication centers and stores, which present additional exciting problems:
- How can we best optimize the tools to empower our employees?
- How can we automate or remove redundant work, making our processes faster?
The RealReal has the most rigorous authentication process in the marketplace. Employee Operations support 150+ brand authenticators, gemologists, and horologists who work in our authentication process.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- You'll build tools and technology for the unique problems of luxury authentication, reverse logistics, and order fulfillment.
- You’ll create new and innovative systems alongside streamlining and optimizing current processes.
- You’ll experience working in the latest technology, a ubiquitous culture based upon data, and a team of dedicated team members ready to collaborate.
- Build software tools for better reporting and telemetry on our warehouse processes
- You’ll build algorithms and services to price and provide copy on our items along with Data Science, so they require as little human adjustment as possible.
- You'll build tools that will support and streamline the authentication process.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of professional web application/full-stack development experience
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang, or Python
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- Understanding of git and Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with machine learning or related technologies
- Experience building E-commerce, Operations, and Logistics applications
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Kafka
Back to jobs