About this job
Collaboration Tools, Enterprise Software
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Higher Logic has been the industry leader in building community and engagement solutions since 2007.
We’re a thriving company made up of authentic people and unique perspectives. We have a shared passion for bringing people #AllTogether to create meaningful connections and rich discussions, unlocking the knowledge of this group.
Our team is made up of motivated individuals who share their expertise and live our values every day. We help our customers create human-focused experiences to build lasting bonds between their customers, members, and employees.
Higher Logic is looking for an eager Senior PHP Developer ready to help grow our platform and build out strong solutions. The role is heavily focused on back-end development, with the opportunity to keep your front-end skills fresh from time to time.
- Work in a multidisciplinary agile team to build and maintain features.
- Write code with proper testing and review code of fellow teammates.
- Triage and fix bugs.
- Work closely with our front-end developers (web and UX), designers, and product manager to build thoughtful and polished features.
- Use modern technologies and the latest web standards that scale to serve millions of users and perform well on all kinds of devices and platforms.
- Work primarily within the scope of your team, but you’ll also belong to the guild of your craft to enhance the quality and understanding of it through mentorship and sharing experiences. Guilds are a great place to propose new or updated coding practices, suggest improvements to the architecture, and otherwise empower people with knowledge to improve their everyday work.
- Agile values and principles.
- SOLID. KISS. DRY.
- Design patterns. DI. Singleton. Decorator. Chain-of-responsibility.
- Dealing with race conditions (Database, Cache, Filesystem).
- Dealing with scalability issues.
- Dealing with security and vulnerabilities issues.
- Dealing with MySQL query optimization.
- 7+ years of professional web development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with
- PHP with a major OOP framework.
- Modular/Pluggable architecture.
- REST API architecture.
- Testing framework (PHPUnit or similar).
- Experienced breaking down complex tasks.
What you'll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending account.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.