About this job
Enterprise, Meeting Management, SaaS
We're hiring a Backend Engineer
To grow our capabilities, reach, and impact—and to change the fate of meetings forever—we’re welcoming more humans to our engineering team. This role will help us upgrade our backend architecture, develop best-in-class APIs, and bring to life a user-facing reporting dashboard.
Proven ability to successfully lead projects or product releases from concept to release
- Experience developing and implementing GraphQL APIs and/or REST APIs
- Experience using AWS services to operate an application or service
- Design, Code, Test, Deploy, Support a full stack application on a native cloud, server less architecture. Desktop and mobile.
- Team player. Able to rotate/switch/backup team roles as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Work without requiring micro-management
- 2-5 years of development experience
- 1+ years of full-stack development experience (React and Typescript experience is a plus)
- Working in and deploying to AWS
- Experience with: Amplify, AppSync, DynamoDB, Lambda or Cognito.
- Additional AWS services, other languages, and relational databases are a plus.
We need someone to
- Have a drive to innovate, demonstrated by previous successes or failures
- Solve product and reporting problems and build backend experiences that help people improve every meeting of their professional lives (yes, every meeting)
- Understand our user’s meetings and how they are performing—and then figure out how to improve them
- Raise the bar on Bizly’s architecture and API quality
- Support and elevate our engineering team with your passion for building great products
- 5+ years of backend or fullstack experience building web applications
- Excited to work in an early-stage environment, collaborating with the design and product org, and working on different projects using different technologies
What you can bring to Bizly
- 5+ years of development experience
- The ability to write high-quality code
- Prior experience working at an early-stage startup
- Experience working with data visualizations & reporting or with AI/ML
- Excited to potentially take on a leadership role as the company grows
You're the kind of person who
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-moving, startup environment
- Are interested in understanding Bizly’s data opportunities and using ML/AI to improve workplaces and the lives of users