Are you an experienced operator of software services who loves working with interesting projects and open-source software? TEDS is hiring an SRE to be part of its mission to provide world class HR software services! In this role you’ll be involved in all aspects of designing, delivering, deploying, and supporting our SaaS business offering. It will be your responsibility to reliably run the services we build in production and provide guidance to the rest of our business on SRE related topics.
This is a remote role based in the USA.
Who you are
You are someone who:
- Has experience being responsible for critical production services.
- Has experience creating high quality production environments, tooling, and processes.
- Has experience leading the design and implementation of new services.
- Has experience in Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Centos, NixOS, etc) and is deeply familiar with configuring Linux to achieve your needs in performance, security, etc.
- Can quickly pickup new technologies as needed.
- Has strong opinions on how to succeed in running production systems and things to avoid. Bonus points for experience in the domain of infrastructure as code, distributed tracing, performance testing, and composing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platforms.
- Can be decisive while maintaining focus on achieving long term goals.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and can build trusting relationships with your colleagues.
- Has a deep understanding of Site Reliability Engineering, SaaS web application architectures, software design for production operations (monitoring, performance testing, security, etc), DevOps delivery of software (CI/CD), distributed systems (CAP theorem, CALM theorem, etc), service visibility/monitoring/alerting, and enforcing quality standards in production environments (change management, blue/green deployments, etc).
- Finds joy in new challenges and has a drive to deliver outcomes!
What we'll expect from you
With this position you will:
- Own our production cloud environment and the services that run on them, both internally and for customers.
- Work directly with our software engineering teams to ensure proper service design decisions, documentation, production tooling support, CI/CD automation, and production standard practices.
Routinely create and maintain software projects which maximize the impact of your work.
- Execute high quality results for projects you collaborate on.
- Assist in architectural decisions within your domain expertise, both from a technical and business perspective.
- Provide routine reports of service status, timelines, and expectations.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks to services before they become issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Additionally, this is a hands-on role, so we expect you to have a seasoned background in software engineering. Our current primary technical tools related to this position are Linux, Terraform, Atlantis, New Relic, AWS, JVM, SQL, and GitHub Actions.
When you apply we expect:
- A proven track record in delivering top results in related work at a prior job.
- Must be a US Citizen
TEDS believes that for people to do their best they should be able to enjoy life outside of work TEDS provides the following benefits to help:
- 20 days PTO and 9 Holidays
- Generous Health Insurance
- Employer 401K contributions.
- Highly self-directed work.