We’re looking for an extremely talented, highly motivated Software Architect to drive the architecture and innovation work on our growing platform. The architect must possess a good breadth of skills to be able to build enterprise integration solutions that leverage cloud-native solutions. As a Software Architect, you will utilize your technical acumen along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You have a passion for delivering solutions in a client obsessed environment that will give you opportunities to grow multi-dimensionally.
- Design product architecture to solve customer problems using microservices-based architecture
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to define Cloud Native architecture patterns and best practices and work with software teams to ensure the architecture and best practices are incorporated
- Leverage team development standards, patterns, and design principles in daily activities
- Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience during discovery, design, and development
- Lead and coach a team of engineers, focusing on cutting edge cloud hosting strategies
- Contribute to team workload and escalation demands in a senior technical capacity
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies: Scrum and Kanban
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
- Sound understanding of Microservices and REST APIs
- Extensive experience with Agile development practices
- Hands-on experience guiding Development and QA engineers on CI/CD pipelines.
- Track record of delivering enterprise software, preferably SaaS applications
- Experience using Source Control systems, such as GIT.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers, outside customers, organizations, and vendors with strong customer service-orientation.
- Exposure to CI tooling such as SonarQube, Artifactory, Jenkins, Circle CI, and Codefresh.io.
- Demonstrated vision and ownership of major technologies, infrastructure, and systems across varying landscapes.
- AWS Certification(s) at the Associate level or above
A leader in education technology, Hobsons helps more than 15 million students to identify their strengths, explore careers, match to best-fit educational opportunities, create academic plans, and reach their education and life goals. More than 13,000 K-12 and higher education institutions partner with Hobsons and leverage our expertise and our solutions -- Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish -- to improve college and career readiness, college recruiting and admissions, and higher education student success to support millions of students.