About this job
(GMT-06:00) Central Time
A software architect guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level software solutions. Software architects are required to have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of software development, analysis, and design. They posses detailed expert knowledge of existing software architecture design and interconnectivity with upstream and downstream systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with Software Engineers, Database Analysts and Systems Architects to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing theoretical design of software systems.
- Ability to lead and teach others complex technical designs, demonstrating new ideas from proof of concept to step by step how to instructions.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Begins to participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES
- 10+ years of software development experience in an area applicable to O’Reilly (Java).
- Complete understanding of the department and or system(s) they are responsible for, as well as the overall business process of O’Reilly Auto Parts.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to lead and get results from others.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
Compensation Range: $85,000.00 - $135,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.