Be a part of the team that is responsible for the architecture, analysis, design, and development of Content Delivery Network software. Work on high-performance distributed systems deployed on a massive scale unmatched in almost any corporate computing environment. You will develop automated tests and the platforms they run on, which are vital for ensuring the quality and performance of our products. Development is primarily in Python in the PyTest framework on Linux.
The Main Responsibilities
- Design, develop, maintain, and support new and existing automated test code, frameworks, and infrastructure, written primarily in Python on Linux, but with other languages and tools used when appropriate
- Perform manual testing when needed but prefer automation whenever practical
- Develop test strategies and platforms to measure non-functional metrics such as throughput, capacity, latency, reliability, and fault tolerance
- Monitor test results and maintain availability of results and scalability of the automated test platform
- Review peers' test plans, designs, and code
- Understand a complex distributed system end-to-end
- Document and effectively communicate proposed solutions, estimate and plan, and implement them in a reliable, accurate, and performant way
- Work with peers in Development, and stakeholders in Architecture and Engineering teams, to ensure requirements and designs meet expectations
- Work with peers in Operations and Engineering to help troubleshoot production service issues
- Work as part of a team in a fast-moving agile environment
What We Look For in a Candidate
Applicant should demonstrate:
- Experience in software test disciplines, both manual and automated
- Knowledge of how to write a defect report
- Practice in application of fundamentals of Computer Science and software development to test automation or similar problems
- Ability to understand and develop code in Python on Linux
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, such as configuration of common web servers, use of shell commands, system tuning, network troubleshooting, etc
- Knowledge of HTTP family protocols including their formal definitions
- Knowledge of REST interfaces
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Outstanding initiative, self-motivation and drive; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to estimate, plan, prioritize and multitask
Highly qualified candidates will also have:
- Hands-on experience in the analysis, design and development of robust testing tools for scalable and secure distributed systems based on high-performance software
- Experience using PyTest automated testing framework
- Experience in object-oriented design and development practices
- Understanding of use and configuration of SSL/TLS/HTTPS protocols and PKI
- Experience tracing and tuning TCP/IP
- Knowledge of web service, web caching, content delivery, and related technologies and protocols
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science Masters or Equivalent in Computer Science
Salary Min : $71460
Salary Max : $159120
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.