Who are we?
Radix is a new protocol, like Bitcoin or Ethereum, but super fast and easy to build on.
Seven years ago, we started from scratch so that every person and device in the world could use it simultaneously, without centralization or compromise.
Radix has built up a global following of 43,000 interested community members, companies and developers from around the world. We have also raised money from some of the top European VCs and Funds.
We’re looking for...
At Radix we are looking for an inventive and creative Test Engineer who is well versed in Java software development and test automation and finds value in creating tools to assist developers in testing their own code. You will explore Radix’s architecture, designs and codebase in order to design and implement ways to break our software and identify potential problems. You will be integral in steering the quality of Radix’s distributed ledger technology (DLT) and products.
We are looking for you to help guide better software design with your expert knowledge of testing, and champion proper development practice in order to ensure that our software meets the highest standards.
As SDET at Radix you will...
- Highlight gaps in test coverage and develop guidelines that encourage better testing, increase test coverage and improve the release process.
- Research and implement new technologies and techniques to help support various parts of the testing process, including both functional and non-functional.
- Help measure how closely the product meets our quality goals and highlight risks.
- Lead the design and development of test harnesses and frameworks from scratch, where required.
- Lead the design and development of complex test cases.
- Define and lead best practices for achieving higher test reliability and speed.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing across the entire team.
Some things we expect you to know/have:
- 5+ years experience as a Test Engineer / SDET / Automation Tester.
- Excellent knowledge and applied expertise of quality practices.
- Strong coding skills and demonstrable experience developing with Java 8+.
- Knowledge of security and penetration testing techniques.
- Knowledge of DLT/blockchain technology including decentralization and cryptographic protocols.
- Experience with tools for Continuous Integration (CI) testing.
- Ability to clearly communicate test results (using relevant tooling/dashboards).
- Knowledge of git, branching, continuous integration.
- Have done, and like to do demonstrably hard things.
- Great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with the rest of the team.
- Opinions on what technologies and standards we should use now and in the future.
- Writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, quality code.
- Interest in DLT/Blockchain Technologies.
- Prior experience working with agile, cross-functional teams is a plus. In-depth knowledge about DLT or Blockchain technology is not required, but candidates should generally be interested in the underlying technologies, as we believe they are poised to transform the way we live.
Some things that will really help you stand out:
- In-depth knowledge of BFT-style consensus systems.
- Experience with ATDD or BDD
- Experience on Distributed Application testing.
- Experience of Network Security testing.
- Experience of Performance/Load Testing
- Experience with Docker.
- Relevant International Software Testing Qualifications Board and technical certifications are beneficial
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to own part of the company through our options scheme. We know it's the people that make a startup win and fail and we recognise that in our benefits
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- To be part of something amazing. We’re creating friction-free access to the digital economy and it’s going to change the world