Software Engineer - Search/Data (Remote, US Timezones Only, Fulltime/Benefits)
Come work at Gaia GPS, and build software and maps for the wildest adventures on earth. Help people explore the backcountry, around the globe, with cutting edge data and tools.
About the Work
We're specifically looking for someone to work in a mostly backend role, focusing on search and route recommendations. This role involves working with interesting data, and writing algorithms and tools to use that data to improve the search, map, and route discovery experiences. You'll help people find great places to hike and other neat things outdoors.
About the Teams
Engineering at Gaia GPS means being on 1 of 2 small teams. Each team has cross-platform skills (iOS, Android, web, design) and sets its own roadmap in collaboration with user support and marketing. There is a huge frontier of ideas to explore, from core maptech and search problems, to the quest for an easy and engaging UX.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- You must have published complex websites, apps, or other software.
- Experience in our stack is a plus. Our front-end includes Swift/Objective-C, Android Kotlin/Java, and React. Our back-end includes Postgres/PostGIS, AWS, Django/Python, node.js, and Docker. We have extensive map building infrastructure based on OpenStreetMap and other open data and tools.
Back to jobs