Sr. Engineer, IAM Continuous Authentication
What's the opportunity?
As we scale Auth0 and handle billions of logins per month, we also have to deal with billions of attacks. Almost 40% of our traffic are bots trying to get access to our customer's accounts and our job is to not let that happen.
At the same time we want to provide a great experience to our users and let them know when something suspicious is going on: someone logged in from a device that was not seen before; from a place that would be impossible based on previous activity; from a TOR node; etc.
Finding the right balance between security and user experience is a hard problem to solve. This is the mission of the Continuous Authentication team.
Did that spark any interest? Read more about our vision and how we hire.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attacks vs legit patterns.
- Become an expert in fighting hackers and botnets.
- Collaborate with developers from other domains like Protocols, Sessions, Login, and MFA to provide the best experience while keeping it secure.
- Strive for high availability and performance by continuously tweak the engine
- Learn about the errors and incidents in production while participating in the on-call rotation
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- You have 7+ years of software development experience.
- You have exposure to data-intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- You have created public APIs and you enjoy the process of doing it.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have knowledge and experience of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).
- You are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).
- You always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- You are located between UTC-03 and UTC-07.
- You have previous experience using Java at scale (nice to have)
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Have some front-end development knowledge and some experience with frameworks such as React
- Know about security engineering, and application security.
- Have experience running PostgreSQL in a large-scale production environment.
Back to jobs