About this job
Cloud Services, Communications, Web Technology
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Lumen, you will be leading a group of engineers collaborating with product managers and other engineering and infrastructure teams to provide Identity solutions to both Consumer and Enterprise customers of Lumen.
The Main Responsibilities
- Closely work with Product Manager to support multiple Programs sponsored by different stakeholders
- Manage a globally distributed engineering team
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define execution plan of the Product roadmap
- Manage and support the current implementation of Authentication & Federation solution
- Lead migration of current solution to a Cloud based Identity service
- Lead the solution design for various Identity & SSO needs for internal and external applications
- Support internal applications migration to Cloud based Identity service.
- Support integration of SSO with internal and vendor applications.
- Advocate, adopt and coach their team on lean, agile, and DevOps engineering practices.
- Support their teammates through HR processes such as career growth, performance reviews, and blocker removal.
- Embrace and model a culture that promotes an empowered team environment.
- Work closely with IAM team in offering Authentication & Authorization services.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with Enterprise Architecture to ensure alignment in strategy
- Drive adoption and adherence to best practice SSO specifications
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Typically 8-10 years related experience and 3+ years previous manager level leadership experience expected.
- Experience implementing Consumer and Enterprise Identity solutions
- Has thorough understanding of SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SSO
- Hands-on experience using Hyperscaler cloud services for Identity solutions.
- Experience in supporting high scalable, distributed systems.
- Has a thorough understanding of Federation techniques for SSO
- Has a thorough understanding of modern Multifactor including SMS, App-based OTP and FIDO
Computer Science or Software Engineering education