Sr. Systems Engineer - Data Services (Remote)
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to the Data Services team to help us take our database systems to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka and Hadoop, and is comfortable building automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement -- what you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
This position allows remote work.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data components - including Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to operate and automate properly configured clusters.
- Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
- Develop infrastructure services to support the Crowdstrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
- Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with large scale datastores using technologies like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
- Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
- Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
Back to jobs