We believe that the world is a better place with community banks and credit unions. To that end we strive to make solutions that empower community financial institutions to make digital banking personal by equipping them to compete in today’s complex and technologically diverse market. As part of the infrastructure team in the Jack Henry & Associates Digital group, you’ll get the chance to contribute to the core financial platforms and services that our communities and families rely on.
We provide the foundation for development teams to build new services into the Banno Platform. Our teams use infrastructure as code to build, deploy, and manage systems in a secure and scalable manner. Emphasizing modern development principles, you’ll enable and assist our engineering teams as they deploy and monitor their services.
As a Staff Engineer you have mastered the ability to affect and own projects and have begun scaling your scope to include entire domains. You understand at an intimate level how a domain or product fits into the larger system and are capable of driving the strategy of the domain or product to derive value for the rest of engineering.
This is a remote position with the ability to collocate at several JHA locations within the US. Work hours are flexible but gravitate towards US business hours between EST and PST. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings. This role can be hired at the Senior or Lead/Advisory level depending on experience.
This position will be hired Remotely with the US.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development as an engineer building and managing infrastructure services as code (IaC).
- 6 to 10+ years of software development experience as an engineer building and managing infrastructure highly preferred.
- Extremely well versed with production container orchestration, operations, security, and networking.
- Proficient with reading or writing code across a number of languages.
- Combine engineering and software development experience to design and implement infrastructure as code.
- Adequately establish yourself as a technical leader that can be recognized as a thought leader both internally and externally of your team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to propose and execute strategies, ideas and technologies well suited to the problems at hand.
- Actively contribute to and improve the engineering organization’s coding standards and best practices.
- Build strong work relationships based on open communication that encourage a creative, thoughtful and enjoyable work environment.
- Set an example for emotional maturity and growth.
- Oversees the timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development of software. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and oversight.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
- May contribute to product architecture.