If you have significant experience in hands-on coding with high level languages, cloud-based technologies, RESTful APIs, micro services architecture, and want to join a global team that is passionate, hardworking, innovative, and FUN! You might be the Staff Engineer, Cloud Platform we’ve been looking for! This person will be the technical expert and team member that will design, develop and support IOT solutions in AWS for our backend cloud platform.
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 5,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer to join our IoT team. We are an innovative, passionate and fun-loving team working in a start-up spirit in areas which have direct impact on our company’s success. You will join our global team influencing our technology roadmap and making a difference in our customers life. Additionally, you will:
- Design and development of IoT solutions in AWS primarily for backend cloud platform
- Implementation of high-volume telemetry data ingestion and processing in relational/NoSQL or data warehouse in cloud environment
- Work closely with architects and digital product managers to translate system architecture and requirements into performant software
- Take ownership of IoT backend platform and mentor junior engineers to develop high quality components
- Collaborate with data scientists to understand and implement data integration and analytics pipeline for IoT generated data
- Work closely with a globally distributed team and coordinate work accordingly
- Design and develop API for internal and external consumption
- Collaborate on DevOps practices including CI and CD
- Participate in Agile development, daily scrum and sprints
- Develop new features, unit testing and system tests automation
WHAT WE SEEK
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years hands-on AWS/Cloud development
- 1+ years in IoT preferably in manufacturing domain
- Experience with/of horizontally scalable micro services architecture and low latency, consistent, simple to use RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience in Cloud Computing with one or more Platform-as-a-Service, (PaaS), offerings with IoT capabilities (AWS IoT preferred or Google Cloud IoT)
- Expertise in cloud based IoT technologies (MQTT, Notification engines, etc.)
- Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.) and RDBMS.
- 5+ years Hands-on coding experience in NodeJS, Ruby, Perl or other high-level languages
- Hands-on experience of Kafka/Kinesis/Spark streaming platform to build API’s utilizing real-time data pipelines.
- Hands-on experience on NoSQL database management system and Query language (Cassandra/Dynamo).
- Hands-on experience on Relational Database Management Systems and SQL (Aurora, MySQL, RDS).
- Debugging and monitoring experience of cloud application using Graphite/Grafana, ELK, Google Prometheus, Datadog.
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker and orchestration using Kubernetes
Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science BS Degree. MS preferable.