Strategic Customer Success Manager
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
At Snowplow, we want to empower people to do transformative things using data. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
To support our growth, we’re in the process of scaling our Customer Success function with a mission to retain, activate, upsell and delight our customers. This is one of the most exciting, strategic and quickly evolving teams at Snowplow.
We’re looking for our second US Strategic Customer Success recruit to join our Customer Success team and own a portfolio of high-profile customer relationships from day one. This role could be a great fit if you have experience in Technical Account Management, Solutions Engineering or Technical Customer Success for a complex software product. We are still interested to hear from you if you have a different background that you think would make you a great fit.
At Snowplow we see Customer Success as a key growth function of the business. We don’t see Customer Success merely as a retention function but as a key to exceeding our ambitious Net Revenue Retention targets, driving Snowplow adoption across our customers’ organisations.
On a day to day basis, you will completely own a portfolio of large strategic accounts; these accounts will be across multiple verticals and located across Europe, mainly in London, Berlin and Amsterdam. You will own the customer relationship from both a commercial and strategic perspective, from onboarding through to continued renewal and activation. From initial activation, you will help our customers unpick complex business needs and translate those into solution designs on top of the Snowplow product working alongside our team of Solutions Architects on the implementation. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders at your accounts to map and realize the value they want to derive from our platform, driving wider institutional adoption of Snowplow as you go. You will serve as the internal voice of your customers at Snowplow.
Customer Success at Snowplow isn’t about by-the-numbers ‘check-ins’ with customers - our regular customer conversations are informed by a deep empathy with our customers’ business needs, and a data-driven understanding of their current product usage. At Snowplow, you will get the customer and product exposure to continue to develop into a subject matter expert in the fast-growing data and analytics space. As a Strategic Customer Success Manager at Snowplow, you will work with our largest European customers, like Auto Trader, Omio, WeTransfer and some of Europe’s biggest and best known media companies.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing:
● Actively serving a portfolio of assigned European accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands
● Working on new customer onboardings to map their business needs and design Snowplow centered solutions tailored to their use cases and business logic
● Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop their success roadmap for the first 12 months of Snowplow adoption and beyond
● Work with customers to quantify business value and ROI, solidifying the value of Snowplow to the organization
● Proactively identifying and closing opportunities for upsell, uplift and account expansion and ensuring where this requires wider implementation of our product that this is technically and commercially sound
● Develop domain expertise in our key verticals through deep customer collaborations, general research and attending industry events/conferences
● Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product roadmap
What you bring to the team:
● You’re not a newbie to customer success. Minimum 4 years experience as a Customer Success Manager, preferably with a strategic/enterprise focus (ideally accounts with ACV $300k+)
● Data literacy is key. You don’t need to be an engineer but a solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, visualisation tools and other enabling technologies would be a huge plus, but we’ll help you learn!
● You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adopt your delivery style and content quickly
● It’s the circle of... a customer. Firm understanding of Software-as-a-Service commercial dynamics and customer lifecycle, including renewals, churn, upsell and uplift
● Confidence is key. Previous experience with a complex software product, ideally designing solutions and gathering requirements, you are comfortable communicating with senior technical stakeholders (CTO, VP Eng, Tech Leads)
● Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
● You CAN see the needle in the haystack. Highly developed commercial acumen - as a trusted advisor to our clients you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Snowplow could add even more value to our customers - you have worked in a business function with upsell/NRR targets
● Jet setter? This one’s for you...eventually. The world is a strange place at the moment, ideally you miss travel. Willingness to travel 40% of the time - primarily Europe - but also willingness to travel internationally, we love to see our customers face to face (when possible and safe)
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!