Platform.sh Technical Account Managers fill a crucial role in providing our clients with a wide range of technical assistance. They work with our key accounts from initial implementation to continued partnership management and consulting. They ensure the technical onboarding is thorough, timely, and prepares the clients for successful adoption of our product and services. They continue to work with the clients as technical advisors and help implement solutions beyond basic support scope.
This Technical Account Manager position is for the EMEA region.
- Helping customers’ development teams adopt and learn to make more efficient use of the platform. This includes technical on-boarding, training and general technical consulting, but can also include highly specific tasks like configuration help and troubleshooting. This may include onsite sessions with clients.
- Helping facilitate communication between the customer, our internal support team, and potentially other external stakeholders, like development agencies.
- Helping business stakeholders better understand how their technical investment in our product can bring even greater returns than they currently realize.
- Taking part in regular review calls with clients, remotely or face-to-face, as a technical advisor.
- Liaising with product and engineering teams when necessary for product improvements and high demand feature requests.
- Keeping up to date with our new product features and improved solutions to be able to provide the best solutions to our clients on a continued basis.
- You'll be accountable for 6 to 10 active enterprise customers with a wide range of projects, this requires strong communication and organizational skills, but most of all, curiosity and enthusiasm for helping clients solve their problems.
This position encompasses some traveling (up to 15% within the European time zone).
- Extensive experience with web applications of various kinds. PHP, Node.js, and Python applications are especially important to our current business
- Experience with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: demoing products, explaining value and fielding technical, process and business-related questions
- Ability to do the job in exquisite written and spoken English
- Deep understanding of complete, modern hosting stacks
- Experience with CDNs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Understanding of SSL certificates and encryption
- Ability to use Git
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
- Relational database skills
- Public speaking experience
- Blogging or writing experience
This is a fully remote position for a candidate living and working on European timezone. Prior experience with fully remote work is not required, but a command of written communication is the key to your success in this role. If you do not have all the required skills: we are also looking for potential.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.