Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the ThreatConnect Engineering Team. Cyber threats are ever present and constantly evolving, leaving major companies all over the world at risk. This is where ThreatConnect steps in. So if you’re interested in having a real impact on the security landscape of these companies by working on an intelligent innovative product, this might be the role for you.
Job descriptions are by nature, extremely specific. While it may seem like we’re looking for a very specific candidate, we encourage you to apply if: you have an insatiable passion for learning new products, designing intelligent solutions, and love seeing your hard work come to life for our users.
You crave knowledge and experience. You’re the kind of person who looks for opportunities to learn new technologies and gain knowledge. Once you finish one task you are ready to gain experience from the next.
You are a great communicator. You are comfortable speaking with stakeholders that have a variety of backgrounds: engineers, security analysts, and customers alike. The medium doesn’t matter, slide decks and written functional requirements are all just a way to make sure we’re able to find the signal in the noise the right way.
You are detail-oriented. You’re the kind of person who won’t just close a tab and say “that’s probably close enough.” You naturally try to optimize solutions to problems in your life. You prefer your requirements to read like a bulletproof set of rules to a game, rather than buzzword soup. You like thinking through the corner cases of a dataset to figure out where the landmines might be hidden before you step on them.
You are a tinkerer. As a person you love to build new skills and get excited about new subject matter. You relish the idea of applying your skills to other facets of your life outside of work. Learning is a constant for you, where any problem without an immediate solution is just an opportunity to grow and master something new.
You get restless when things get “stagnant”. We’re looking to do better than just getting more requirements; we want the right requirements. You want our products to be invaluable and help make our users more efficient. When the game changes beneath your feet, you’re excited to start running in a new direction.
In this role you'll get to...
- Coordinate with our technical product management team to write detailed App and Integrations requirements for our engineering team.
- Analyze existing integrations to ensure consistency and best practices across all Apps and Integrations.
- Understand our product offering and how it maps to the user needs to inform your decision on integrations designs and requirements.
- Dive into third-party product docs and APIs to map datasets to our core data model.
- Assist our documentation team with writing user guides and articles on how to best use our App and Integrations.
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Write technical functional requirements
- Analyze and interact with third party APIs, including understanding returned data sets and how they are applicable to the current project
- Write code. Not a developer, but someone who can keep up with one!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Be able to write functional requirements, with guidance from technical PM, of low to moderate sophistication.
- Be able to conduct basic validation of requested features.
- Work with other PM and Engineering stakeholders to start developing an understanding of business needs.
At 6 months we’ll expect you to..
- Be able to write functional requirements, with guidance from strategic PM, of more sophisticated feature requests.
- Conduct more sophisticated validation of requested features.
- Start validating App catalog for consistency between Apps.
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Do the above with minimal guidance
- Inform the optimization of PM/Engineering processes based on the problems you encounter in day-to-day operations
- Be comfortable working with internal AND external stakeholders to ensure holistic understanding of the problem space
Our team emphasizes…
- Open minded, independent group of engineers working on a common goal
This job is awesome because…
- You get to play with products/technology that many fortune 500 companies use in their environments
- Your contribution has a direct impact on helping our customers
- You get to work with sharp people from all walks of life who are intent on building the best products possible
- You have 5+ years of experience writing technical functional requirements under your belt
- Experience analyzing and interacting with third party APIs, including understanding returned data sets and how they are applicable to the current project
- Familiarity with writing code. Not a developer, but someone who can keep up with one!
- Experience working remotely and in conjunction with remote teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and people-oriented attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working with remote teams
- Background in cyber/information security
- Experience using languages such as Python
- Experience working with REST client such as Postman
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave